It’s the hot topic of the moment. Christians, the church and the Bible seem to be out of step with modern attitudes towards homosexuality. And there is growing hostility towards those who hold a different view. So is God homophobic? And what do we say, and how do we relate to to both Christians and non Christians who experience same-sex attraction.
In this short, simple book, Sam Allberry wants to help confused Christians understand what God has said about these questions in the scriptures, and offers a positive and liberating way forward through the debate.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Getting started: the Bible, marriage and sex
2. The Bible and homosexuality
3. Homosexuality and the Christian
4. Homosexuality and the church
5. Homosexuality and the world
About the Author:
Sam Allberry is associate pastor at St Mary’s Church in Maidenhead, UK, and previously worked on the ministry team at St Ebbe’s in Oxford. He is the author of Lifted: Experiencing the Resurrection Life (P&R, 2012), Connected: Living in the Light of the Trinity (P&R, 2013), and Is God Anti-Gay? and other questions about homosexuality, the Bible and same-sex attraction (The Good Book Company, 2013).
Praise for Is God Anti-Gay?:
“A great series and an excellent resource. Important issues tackled thoughtfully, carefully, thoroughly and biblically. You couldn’t ask for anything more. So don’t. Buy these and use them well.”
– Steve Timmis, Director Acts 29 Europe
“EXCELLENT. Short, clear, kind, understanding… this needs to be widely distributed.”
– Jonathan Leeman, Editorial Director at 9Marks, blogger and author.
“The gospel is good news, for homosexuals too. The gospel doesn’t define us by our temptations but by the righteousness of Christ. This book sets forth the biblical case. The author captures perfectly the gospel’s call to repentance and offer of mercy. Read this book and consider how God is calling you to love, in word and in deed, all of those around you.”
– Russell D. Moore, President, Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, Southern Baptist Convention
Author, Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ
“This short book is outstanding. Sam Allberry handles people carefully, texts wisely and issues sensitively, and the result is a supremely helpful book on perhaps the most challenging issue western Christians face today. I highly recommend it.”
– Andrew Wilson, pastor and blogger at thinktheology.co.uk
“Sam writes with genuine pastoral warmth out of his own personal experience. He argues convincingly that, far from being anti-gay, God loves those who experience same-sex attraction and that the gospel is good news for us too.”
– Jonathan Berry, Director, True Freedom Trust
- Publisher: The Good Book Company (2013)
- ISBN: 9781908762313
- Page Count: 88
Blog Tour Details:
- Tour Date: July 22-28, 2013
- Available Formats: Paperback (Continental US Only), Ebook (.mobi & .epub)
- We ask that reviewers post a review to their personal website/blog and Amazon.
Thank you for your interest in reviewing Is God Anti-Gay? by Sam Allberry. This book review blog tour is now full. You can see our current list of available review books here: LINK.